REMOVE THE BAD SWEAT BEFORE EXCERCISE WORSENS ACNE,
SMOOTH YOUR SKIN BEFORE EXERCISE CAUSES CHAFING,
AND PROVIDE ANTI-OXIDANTS TO HELP COUNTERACT EXERCISE INDUCED FREE RADICAL DAMAGE THAT PREMATURELY AGES YOUR SKIN.”
Did you know?
A study from Fit Rated, a fitness equipment review site, found that gym weights have 362 times more germs than a toilet seat.
Any hot sweaty environment can foster the growth of bacteriaand fungi. Public areas, where other bodies, towels, equipment, benches, floors are shared, can infect, transmit and communicate “ringworm”, bacteria folliculitis, and viral infections.
The 6 most common skin conditions contacted in sweaty environments, during exercise, training and in gyms, studios or in any work out area are: View All
- Folliculitis. This are pimple like lesions usually centered over a hair follicle and can Folliculitis. This are pimple like lesions usually centered over a hair follicle and can have a small pustule on it. They occur commonly in areas of contact with weigh equipment such as arms, shoulders, back, and chest. Usually they are caused by bacteria, such as staph aureus, but also superficial fungi, known as dermatophytes can cause folliculitis. This is known as Pityrosporum Folliculitis.
- Ringworm. This is medically known as “Tinea Corporis” and is caused by superficial fungi known as dermatophytes that spread through contact of contaminated surfaces, such as shower floors, shared towels, equipment, etc. Tinea Pedis is when it occurs on the feet.
- Boils and Impetigo- staph infections known as carbuncles and furuncles, are less commonly transmitted but are more serious and can still occur with contact of contaminated bodies or surfaces.
- Herpes Viral infections-Contact sports, contaminated Saliva and contaminated surfaces or equipment, can lead to more serious conditions such as Herpes viral infections. Herpes gladiatorum, also known as mat herpes, is a common skin condition caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1). It's the same virus that causes cold sores around the mouth. Once infected, the virus stays with you for life.
- Common Wart, HPV viral, and Molluscum Contagiosum-Many cases of warts spread when your bare feet, hands, fingers, toes and elbows, touch the locker room, barbells, equipment, shower, or pool floor, or transmission of virus will occur through small microscopic breaks in your skin. And though Molluscum often seen with sexual contact , it is basically direct contact, often in warm moist environments.
- “Summer Fungus” – Tinea Versicolor – condition seen when you sweat a lot and looks like multiple white, tan or pink spots on the chest, back, shoulders, and neck with slight scaling. It is a superficial dermatophyte infection caused by a yeast that lives naturally on our skin and grows out of control in hot humid moist sweaty environments. More common in certain skin types usually oily skin.
WhyJump? Jump ingredients harnesses the power of good skincare to make you look your best….
- Cleanses & Exfoliates
- Decongests pores
- Stimulates & Tones
So, you can feel good…
- Refreshes& revitalizes
- Repairs & rebuilds
- Lubricates & hydrates
At the time, you most need to perform your best…before, during and after working out
- When your skin is craving hydration and fluidity
- Vascular cutaneous dilation is at its peak
- Pore size and skin absorption are most vulnerable
- When you want to show off the body you’ve worked so hard to keep in shape.
look good. feel good. perform better.
Working out and exercise can have the following immediate effects to your skin:
- Induces oxidative stress, fatigue and free radical damage to cells.
- Makes our skin look tired, fatigued and less youthful.
- Results in dehydration and transepidermal water loss.
- Results in cutaneous vasodilation and changes in pore size during intense exercise.
- Is associated with truncal acne, folliculitis, and various other skin infections.
- Can cause chafing, rashes and irritation.
- Facilities, gyms and spas often expose us to germs, impurities, bacteria, fungal and viruses.
"There is no conceivable good explanation to instruct an athlete to wait to apply skin care either hours before or hours after the cutaneous changes of exercise have taken place- The best time to apply specifically designed creams with targeted purpose and reparative ingredients is immediately before and after the workout, when pores are open, vascularity is dilated, and the skin substrate is primed for absorption."
Steven M Hacker, MD-board certified dermatologist
Co-Founder of Jump Pre and Post Work Out Skincare
Simplicity of use
Prime Or Stretch
Massage a pea-sized amount of PRIME Or STRETCH in a circular motion on moistened skin. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Stimulate Or Flow
Shower or wash skin immediately following that killer workout. Then, wet a cloth/cotton pad with STIMULATE Or FLOW and stroke on skin covering the tired muscles.
Crave Or Rehydrate
Your skin is now craving hydration. Quench by spreading a pea size amount of CRAVE Or REHYDRATE evenly over fatigued muscles.
Restore Or Cool Down
Massage small amount of RESTORE Or COOL DOWN into hydrated skin. Reward your body for today's exercise.